This shield converts your Arduino to a MIDI USB device, compatible with desktop OS (Windows, MacOS, Linux) and mobile OS (iOS and Android). Using the Arduino MIDI Library you can send and receive MIDI commands through USB and create any musical instrument you can imagine.
- USB MIDI standard (No drivers needed)
- Arduino MIDI Library compatible
- Compatible with Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS and Android
- USB-MICRO connector for MIDI and Arduino power
- LEDs for MIDI & USB activity
- Two user defined LEDs connected to D6 and D7
- Three switches connected to Arduino D2, D3 and D4
- Two footprints for potentiometers connected to A0 and A1
- PROG switch for programming the Arduino
- RESET button for easy resetting the Arduino
The OpenPipe MIDI-USB Shield allows Arduino to do USB MIDI input/output, connecting directly with computers, tablets and phones using the standard MIDI USB class.
The shield can be connected to Mac, Linux and Windows without installing additional drivers. It can also be connected to iPad/iPhone using Camera Connector Kit (some iPhone requires jailbreak) and Android devices with USB host capabilities. Standard MIDI messages are supported in the current firmware version. If you need MIDI SYSEX support please contact us.
Fun with iPad
In this example we demonstrate several applications of the MIDI-USB Shield connected to an iPad Mini using Lightning to USB Camera Adapter. With some simple setups you can create Theremins, Keyboards and Bagpipes!!!
Accelerometer & bs-16i synth
In this example we demonstrate how to connect the USB-MIDI Shield to an iPhone using a Camera Connector. An accelerometer is used for note & pitch change (Thanks to RadikalBytes for the accelerometer). The iPhone synthesizer app is bs-16i, a great iOS synth with loadable SoundFonts.